Friday, January 20, 2017

Paleo food pics from Summer 2016...salads, entrées, and savory foods

Drafted on 8/31/16...but never posted (until now).

8/31/16: I have maintained my weight loss from our Paleo Challenge.  I am hovering under 135lbs, and even though I haven't lost more weight, I am pretty happy about NOT gaining any back!  Other than my daily 30-minute walk with my dog and chores around the house, I don't get any major exercise, so I really need to start jogging again...(We ran a 5k trail run in June!)

Prepping some new Paleo "basics" at home to bring camping (roasted cauliflower and hard boiled eggs)


Sweet potato and Salmon salad with avocado

Chicken, Almond, and Grape salad


Pesto Chicken Cashew Salad



Spiralized zucchini with chicken, tomatoes, and homemade Pesto made with our garden basil!  So good!  (We do put parmesan cheese in our pesto--it adds so much umami!)

Roasted fennel bulb, braised (pressure cooker) chicken thighs and sauce, and garden asparagus (with organic butter)

Lamb Kebabs with Roasted Cauliflower, Tzatziki sauce and fresh veggies

Barbacoa Beef in pressure cooker (yummy sauce!), and then served with all the fixings on Paleo Wraps (from Against All Grain)

Burgers and hot dogs, roasted sweet potatoes (from Meals Made Simple), and all the yummy sides we like

Bacon, Avocado, and Pear Salad with homemade Paleo crackers (while camping!)

Brat and onions, Roasted Cauliflower and Bacon, and Snow Peas from our garden
\

Pesto "Pasta" with Zucchini Noodles and Hard Boiled Egg


Braised Chicken Thighs, Roasted Fennel, Sweet Potatoes, and Asparagus from our garden

Braised Chicken Thighs, Roasted Fennel, and a side salad


No comments:

Post a Comment